Thursday 22 November 2012

Broke and broken


This blog has come about for a number of reasons.

Since October 2011, I have participated in several weight based training programs in an attempt to redefine the shape and appearance of my body, as well as attempting to master discipline, routine and overall endurance both mentally and physically.

Roughly a year to the very month I experienced a compromising and unpleasant life event that obliterated not only my my progress in training, but many other things in my life as I knew it. I found myself in a position where I had to redefine my goals, the most alarming realization was that I never really had any.

I've entitled this entry "Broke and broken" because, although the event in question thankfully passed without major incident, it subsequently served as a significant yet poignant eye-opener to too many years of avoidance, pain, denial and suppressed anxiety, the current result of which is a severe lack of personal direction and confidence.




I have therefore created this blog in an attempt to combine the things that might help me in my quest for a sense of purpose and direction.

I am a photographer, and I like training. Both practices have been in disrepute since that life changing event, and possibly were heading that way long before it.

Lets see if I can bring them back to life.


© Fiona Dowling Photography



No comments:

Post a Comment