Monday 26 November 2012

Gym Anticipation


Tomorrow I return to the gym for the first time in 4 weeks.

Needless to say, I got so close. I was in week 5(ish) of a 6 week weight training program, great weight (57.3kg), great body fat percentage (11%), consistently improving from week to week.

However, at the time, I was under an insurmountable amount of personal stress. Half-way through week 5, I burnt out. I remember the very moment; going into the last set of an overhead barbell press, 32.5kg exactly, I went to push it off my chest, and there it was, I just lost it, and knew I'd lost so much more too.



So tomorrow will be interesting. I've been pulled off the weight lifting, by a great and intuitive trainer who saw straight through me, so now I'm nervous, what will replace it? Will I get results? When can I lift again? That's up to me I suppose, he only provides the framework!


© Fiona Dowling Photography


No comments:

Post a Comment